Before your first session, you will need…
Your own headphones or stream the sound through the system
Your Wi-fi login information. Please make sure to connect the system to wi-fi once per week. It’s recommended to connect your system to wi-fi at your first session and every 7 days for automatic software updates.
Please note: The primary feedback is via audio, as long as you have the sensors placed, hear the skips/gaps in music and see that the timer in the small Vault window is counting down from 33 minutes -- it is working. There is absolutely no need to watch the screen while in session. Instead, try to relax; close your eyes, sleep, read a book or magazine, talk, draw, play a game etc.
Wet-wipes or paper towel. To clean the sensors afterwards.
Watch this tutorial below.
Please watch the video below and note sensor placement on photos. Ensure Ten20 paste is applied to the inside of the clips. A 'pea' size amount is required on the scalp / head sensors. Ensure you separate your hair well when applying, and press firmly (you should feel the coolness of the paste on your scalp)
Running the System
Click Here for Manual
Make sure you clean your sensors gently yet thoroughly, immediately after you have finished each session. We recommend using baby wipes or placing under running hot water (be sure to thoroughly dry once clean). Any lingering paste can cause corrosion and will reduce the lifespan of your sensors. Do not soak the sensors in water (dipping in hot water for a few seconds is fine). When scooping paste, put your forefinger on the back of the cup for support preventing bending and possible sensor damage. Do not kink, braid or wind the sensor wires tightly.
Make sure to start up tablet and program before adding the sensors to make sure it’s working properly. If the program needs a software update which happens at start it can take between 1 - 5 minutes and a reboot is recommended after an update. Also, clip the zAmp device to your shirt and take the device with the sensors to the mirror to add and remove the sensors. Just make sure to plug in the USB cord before starting a session otherwise the session won’t start!
Volume control can also be located in the lower right corner (see volume icon) rather than top left of the tablet
Cannot located your name after entering it? In the Vault’s lower left corner, click on “All” to pull up all names entered in the system.
All our system’s are professional-grade neurofeedback machines and have the newly updated software NeurOptimal 3.0. The user-interface may vary between a Personal Trainer and a Pro, but please know that it is the exact same training no matter what system you’ll rent and provides same training as in any in-office session that provide NeurOptimal.
● Please don’t eat or drink around the machine. Please place the lanyard around your neck and rest the Zamp on your stomach / chest.
● Always keep the computer plugged in while doing a session.
● Please be sure to shut down and reboot your computer.
● Please ensure you are connected to WIFI at least once per week to maintain licence and accept in updates (NeurOptimal and Windows)
● Do not install any 3rd party programs onto this system
● Make sure you clean your sensors gently yet thoroughly immediately after you have finished each session. We recommend dipping into boiling water for no longer that 2 seconds (tips only and be sure to thoroughly dry once clean with tissue paper). Any lingering paste can cause corrosion and will reduce the lifespan of your sensors.
● When scooping paste, put your forefinger on the back of the cup for support, preventing bending and possible sensor damage.
● Do not kink, braid or wind the sensor wires tightly.
● Do not use wireless headphones as they may interfere with the signal processing needed for system to work most effectively and efficiently.
● Yes, you can look at your phone, ipad, kindle, computer while training but we also recommend just to sit back and relax. The feedback comes primarily through interruptions in the music/audio. If you can hear the music, then the training session will be successful. You can read, sleep, meditate, etc
Q and A
What if I apply the sensors to the wrong place?
NeurOptimal uses C3 and C4 - ie: the midpoints on each side of the head between the top of the ear and the top of the head. If you get them close to those points, then there is no “wrong place”.
Is it OK if I do other things while training such as read, talk or play games on iPad, etc.?
Yes! The NeurOptimal® Neurofeedback Trainer does not require you to place your attention on the training screen in order to run a successful session. The feedback comes primarily through interruptions in the music/audio. If you can hear the music, then the training session will be successful. You can read, sleep, meditate, whatever you feel inclined to do.
How to Track Your Progress
We strongly recommend all renters fill out our Checklist Form prior to starting and then again, after every 8 sessions. For example, when clients see their rate of 10 for "Feel Anxious" turn into a 4 (10 being worst), they know the training is doing something good for them.
Forms (Below is the complete set)